Holy Family School
From the School - Sponsored
Welcome to Holy Family School, a Catholic school established under the direction of the Marianite Sisters of Holy Cross. At HFS, we provide education to students in grades PK4-8th that carries out our mission statement by fostering an educational community which reflects Christ’s presence in daily thoughts, words, and actions. Founded in 1949, Holy Family’s campus provides a combination of modern conveniences along with the presence of a community and traditions that have stood the test of times.
Our curriculum is approved by the state of Louisiana and the Diocese of Baton Rouge, exceeding the requirements set forth by the Louisiana Department of Education. Holy Family School is accredited by the Louisiana Department of Education and the AdvancED (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools). By providing 1:1 technology and a low student-to-teacher ratio, students are able to receive more individualized instruction to better prepare them for high school and beyond. The HFS educational experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Dedicated staff that includes 30% HFS alumni
- Hands on learning, class field trips, and nationwide group trips
- Full range of athletics, art program, music/choir, and STEM
- Religion classes in PK4-8th grade and children attend mass weekly
What Sets Us Apart from Other Schools?
- Holy Family School is the only Catholic school in West Baton Rouge parish. Although the majority of our students come from WBR parish, many students come from a multitude of other parishes as well. This is greatly due to the faithfilled family atmosphere that is provided on a daily basis.
- Our School Resource Officer is on campus full-time and is provided for the protection and safe-keeping of our staff and students at no extra cost to our parents.
- We have a Gifted and Talented Program through West Baton Rouge Parish offered on our campus during school hours at no extra cost to parents.
- There is a Reading Interventionist on staff at no extra cost to parents. This teacher provides both individualized and small group instruction to students as needed so that everyone has the ability to move forward each year with the necessary skills needed to succeed.
- Each grade level receives weekly guidance classes. These classes focus on a wide range of subjects depending on grade level appropriateness.
- Holy Family’s tuition rates are one of the most competitive in the entire Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge.
- We provide an Art Program to 2nd-8th grade students. This class is taught by a professional artist who concentrates on different mediums as she models the current project while the students follow along, learning several intricate skills. The end projects from the students from each and every lesson are truly exceptional.
Holy Family School Fast Facts:
- After Care (also called Bear Care) is provided daily until 6:00pm.
- All staff members with elementary/middle school aged children send their children to Holy Family.
- We are provided use of bus transportation services for our students through West Baton Rouge Parish and only Holy Family students ride those buses.
- We have a large and fully-functioning state of the art science lab, which is used by various grade levels for experiments and lessons.
- Our campus has been around for 74 years and over this span of time, many upgrades have been made that keep the history alive while also building the foundation for the future.